I don’t have a review for you guys today, so I thought I would do a tag instead. Tags are always fun for me to read or watch. The blog that really got me into tags is Twin Reads, they post some really cool tags and they also have some great reviews. Today I’m going to be doing the Ultimate Book Tag, I found this tag through the Chapter Chicks but I don’t think it was created by them. It’s fairly old, but the questions are still good, so who cares.
Let’s get started!
1. Do you get sick while reading in the car?
No, I do not. Thank God, that would make road trips incredibly hard for me, because that’s the only thing that occupies my time.
2. Which author’s writing style is completely unique to you and why?
I find Stephen King to be very unique, maybe that’s a standard answer. But I just think the way he can make fake worlds seem so real, and create such complex characters is amazing. I have yet to finish one of his books though, there a little too intense for me.
3. Harry Potter Series or the Twilight Saga? Give 3 points to defend your answer.
I’m going to have to pick Twilight, but let me explain myself.
1. Twilight was the first book series that I ever fell in love with.
2.It has a very special place in my heart, and my inner sixth grader gets a little choked up when I think about it being over.
3.I will always… always be Team Edward.
4. Do you carry a bag? If so, what is in it (besides books…)?
I do carry a book bag and I try to keep at least one book in it at all times. Other than that I just keep a bullet journal/planner, a snack, pens, my keys, and my wallet. It’s basically my purse…who am I kidding, it is my purse.
5. Do you smell your books?
I like to smell my books when I first buy them, especially if I order them online. I love that fresh out of the box smell.
6.Books with or without little illustrations?
I like when books have little illustrations inside the front and back cover. But not on the actual pages, because I get distracted.
7. What book did you love while reading but discovered later it wasn’t quality writing?
Fifty Shades of Grey. I don’t even have to explain.
8.Do you have any funny stories involving books from your childhood?
Sadly, I don’t have any funny stories. I didn’t get into reading until about 5th/6th grade.
9. What is the thinnest book on your shelf?
You Don’t Have to Like Me by Alida Nugent.
10.What is the thickest book on your shelf?
It by Stephen King. (My goal is to have this book finished by the time the new movie comes out.)
11. Do you write as well as read? Do you see yourself in the future as being an author?
I do. That is the ultimate goal for me, is to be an author. I don’t aspire to be the next J.K. Rowling or anything (I don’t even think that’s possible) but I do want to be successful enough to support myself.
12. When did you get into reading?
It was the end of 5th grade, and the beginning of 6th grade. I read the first The Princess Diaries book and then when I got to middle school I read the rest. That was the beginning of a long, long, expensive journey for me. But when Twilight entered my life that was when I really got hooked.
13. What is your favorite classic book?
When I first went over these questions, this question stumped me at first, because I couldn’t think of any classic books that I thoroughly enjoyed. But the longer I thought about it, I thought about the book the Number the Stars, The Outsiders, and The Bell Jar. All those books are quite sad, and I’m not even sure if they’re considered classics.
14. In school was your best subject Language Arts/English?
Absolutely not. I was a slacker, up until college, I would rather read on my own.
15.If you were given a book as a present that you had read before and hated…what would you do?
I would accept the gift and say thank you, and eventually I would donate it.
16. What is a lesser known series that you know of that is similar to Harry Potter or the Hunger Games?
I haven’t read any that aren’t already well known.
17. What is a bad habit you always do (besides rambling) while filming?
I use a lot of filler words. Um, like, well, but I’m trying my best to stop.
18. What is your favorite word?
Metropolis. Adventure. Whimsical.
19. Are you a nerd, dork, or dweeb? Or all of the above?
I would consider myself a spazz, more than anything. But if I had to choose from the options above, I would definitely be a dork.
20. Vampires or Fairies? Why?
Vampires. I’m Team Edward, so of course I’m going to say that.
21. Shapeshifters or Angels? Why?
Shapeshifters. I just think that whole concept is really cool, that’s one of the sup23erpowers that I would want to have if I had superpowers.
22. Spirits or Werewolves? Why?
Spirits. Werewolves bore me.
23. Zombies or Vampires?
24. Love Triangle or Forbidden Love?
Forbidden Love. *sigh* I love love, and I think that Forbidden love is sweet.
25. WE HAVE REACHED THE END!! Full on romance books or action-packed with a few love scenes mixed in?
Even though erotic fiction is my not so guilty guilty pleasure, but I prefer both. I enjoy both genres equally.
Feel free to try this tag out yourself and make sure to follow me on social media to see more bookish things.
Twitter and Instagram: jayrreads